Today’s podcast goes back to the world just after the events of September 11th, 2001, and digs into the crash of American Airlines flight 587 which happened just over two months after that fateful day. And what was thought of as terrorism, turned out to be so very, very different – but tragic nonetheless.
Sources for the podcast include:
- Wikipedia: American Airlines Flight 587, List of A300 Operators, List of A310 Operators, Richard Reid (Shoe Bomber)
- JMellon.com via Archive.org: Montreal Man Downed U.S. Plane
- Flying Magazine: AA587 – The Perils of Flying by the Book
- Aviation Safety Network: ASN Aircraft accident Airbus A300B4-605R N14053 Belle Harbor, NY
- Federal Aviation Administration: American Airlines A300 Near JFK
- USA Today: FAA to Airbus – Install rudder warning after fatal crash